About Operation Pedal 4 Vets

Follow my journey of raising awareness and funds for The Boot Campaign as I train to ride my bicycle on RAGBRAI (400+ miles across the state of Iowa) while wearing combat boots!


Tuesday, July 22, 2014

RAGBRAI Update

Wind... Heat... And generous people! 

That has been my experience during the first 3 days of RAGBRAI. While riding I have met community leaders that wanted to show off their memorial and tell me their future plans to expand and I've meet some pretty tough looking guys that even they were even impressed with my choice to ride in boots. I've also been blessed with a lot of Facebook posts and texts filled with encouraging words from those not riding. Most importantly, I've met service members that I could tell were genuinely grateful for what I was doing. 

We have 4 more days to go. Boots On! 

No comments:

Post a Comment