About Operation Pedal 4 Vets

Follow my journey of raising awareness and funds for The Boot Campaign as I train to ride my bicycle on RAGBRAI (400+ miles across the state of Iowa) while wearing combat boots!


Sunday, June 1, 2014

Nerves


Recently, I promoted Operation Pedal 4 Vets to my social media networks. 

I. Was. Terrified. 

At the time, I wasn’t sure why I was so nervous. I had great support from those that were already aware of the campaign and I knew that I was trying to do a good thing. Still, my heart was beating a mile a minute as I hit that ‘share’ button. 

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have had those same nerves before when I’ve seen service members in public. I wanted to thank them for their service or even buy their coffee or lunch. Sometimes I’d hesitate because I didn’t want to embarrass them, or interrupt their meal or say the wrong thing (which I’m notorious for). Then before I could do anything, the moment of opportunity had passed. I think a lot of people can relate to this feeling of this missed opportunity. Our hearts and our minds are in the right place, but we hesitate on our actions. 

If you’ve been hesitating to share this page or to donate or to thank a service member, please take that step, I know I’m glad I did!

Again, I’m very grateful for the outpouring of support and kindness that I have received so far. Please know the encouragement has greatly helped calm my nerves, and I can’t wait to use that positive energy to bike across Iowa!!

1 comment:

  1. Could you rock more? I think no. You have guts and passion, and I so admire you for that!!

    ReplyDelete