About Operation Pedal 4 Vets

Follow my journey of raising awareness and funds for The Boot Campaign as I train to ride my bicycle on RAGBRAI (400+ miles across the state of Iowa) while wearing combat boots!


Friday, May 23, 2014

The Cause

I've been waiting to promote my 'Op' until I had my fundraising page set up so I could let everyone know a little bit more about where the donations will be going.

Today my fundraising page is ready to go! There is a donation link on the side of the blog or you can check it out by using this link: https://www.crowdrise.com/oppedal4vets/fundraiser/laceyh

The nonprofit that will be receiving the donations is The Boot Campaign.



The Boot Campaign is an organization that supports veterans and their families as well as partners with other veterans organizations to provide support in housing, job assistance, veteran wellness, urgent assistance, and family support. It was started by some amazing Texas women so I was even more drawn to this organization (For those that don't know me well, I love sweet tea and everything country. I sometimes think in a past life I was a southern bell or should have at least been born in the south.)

Read more about the Boot Campaign on their website: http://www.bootcampaign.com/about/

The Boot Campaign has some pretty impressive celebrity supporters and I know my 'Op' is very small compared to the national events and attention they can gain. However, I feel my fundraising goal will be going to something good and I hope at the very least I can raise awareness and show veterans that they have people that care!

I hope you can support the cause by donating. If you aren't able to donate, consider sharing this blog with others.

Thanks for the support!

Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment