About Operation Pedal 4 Vets

Follow my journey of raising awareness and funds for The Boot Campaign as I train to ride my bicycle on RAGBRAI (400+ miles across the state of Iowa) while wearing combat boots!


Friday, May 2, 2014

Learning to Ride

"It's as easy as riding a bike." After a week of breaking in the boots by walking around, I thought it was time to actually see if I could ride in them without too much discomfort or even see if the dynamics of the bike would allow for the bulky boots. So, today was the day! I did an easy 16 mile trail ride and was quite surprised at how well the boots felt. I still have my clip pedals on my bike so I'm hoping that pedaling will become even easier once I put on wider and flat pedals.

A strong head wind and some rain ended my ride so I hope that isn't foreshadowing our RAGBRAI weather! 




Here's to hoping this smoothy becomes my new normal!


Thanks for your support!
-Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment